Simone Palfreyman FCA
Simone Palfreyman is the Principal of Palfreyman Chartered Accountants and heads our taxation and services team.
Simone holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) from the University of Newcastle, during which she was awarded first place in multiple University subjects. Simone’s consistent academic success saw her complete the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Professional Year programme in the top 5% of Australian Candidates for two of three technical modules. This was later followed by being awarded a “Fellow” status with Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand.
- Winner – 2020 Australian Accounting Awards “Public Accountant of the Year“
- Winner – 2019 Women in Finance Awards “Accountant of the Year“
- Winner – 2018 SMSF & Accounting Awards “Overall Excellence Award“
- Winner – 2018 SMSF & Accounting Awards “Regional Professional of the Year“
- Winner – 2018 SMSF & Accounting Awards “Partner of the Year“
- Winner – 2018 Hunter Region Business Excellence Awards “Business Woman of the Year“
- Runner Up – 2018 Cessnock Customer Service Awards “Business Owner of the Year“
- 16-time National Finalist since 2017
Simone has worked for over 30 years in the accounting sector. Before establishing her own practice in 1996, she worked for large accounting firms, including Touche Ross, KPMG and Ernst and Young. Simone has also shared her understanding of Taxation and Accounting through working with the University of Newcastle as a tutor and lecturer for over 10 years. Recently, Simone was selected by Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand as a professional mentor to help shape the next generation of young Chartered Accountants.
Outside the office
Simone’s knowledge and experience can always be recognised in her professional work but shines most strongly when coupled with her compassionate work ethic that encourages her involvement in her local community. Simone has actively been involved in Quorrobolong Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade, standing as Treasurer for nearly 20 years. Simone has also acted as Treasurer for Toronto Pony Club, Zone 24 Pony Club and the NSW Andalusian Horse Association, President for Toronto Pony Club and Secretary for Toronto Pony Club and Awaba Oval Committee. Simone’s passion for volunteering was recognised by the Pony Club Association of New South Wales, who awarded her the 2018 “Volunteer of the Year” award.
Outside of work, Simone is actively involved in the horse industry. Though Simone now focuses on Show Riding and Dressage, she has had great success showing and breeding Andalusians. Some of Simone’s highlights include her multiple Sydney Royal competitions, and PHAA National Highpoint wins.