Please note that if at any time Palfreyman Chartered Accountants is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate fully.
Why does Palfreyman Chartered Accountants collect information and how is your information used?
Palfreyman Chartered Accountants collects information directly from you or your organisation when we are engaged to provide accounting, taxation and management consulting services.
Palfreyman Chartered Accountants also collects information pertaining to your financial affairs from third parties such as banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, suppliers and customers of your business and other industry regulatory bodies. This information is collected in order to complete the various services that you have engaged us to perform. We also collect information via e-mail that relates to you or your business affairs.
Palfreyman Chartered Accountants also uses the information collected to send you information relating to you or your business (either by post, fax or e-mail) that you have requested. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive any more, please refer to the Correcting and Updating Your Profile below.
What happens if you do not provide information?
If we do not collect requested information from you we are unable to complete the work that you have engaged us to perform. As a result:
• We may be unable to satisfy the statutory reporting requirements as set down by the industries regulatory bodies, on your behalf. Consequently significant penalties may be incurred, and
• We cannot provide accurate advice and consulting services to you, which may be to the detriment of your business in the long term
Who does Palfreyman Chartered Accountants disclose information to?
Palfreyman Chartered Accountants will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any information relating to you or your business obtained from you without your consent.
How will Palfreyman Chartered Accountants keep your information secure?
Palfreyman Chartered Accountants have security measures designed to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of any information under its control. These include:
• Premises that are fully secured.
• Access to our computer systems are restricted and all data is password protected.
• All Palfreyman Chartered Accountants employees, as part of their employment contracts, are required to sign confidentiality agreements. These agreements are specifically designed to protect the privacy of our clients and their businesses.
Correcting and updating your profile
Palfreyman Chartered Accountants gives you the following options for accessing and modifying information previously provided:
• You may gain access to information that Palfreyman Chartered Accountants has collected about you and your business, by contacting the partner responsible for your affairs. Palfreyman Chartered Accountants will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless costs are incurred in providing the information.
• You may email any changes to your personal or business details to our office.